Items marked link to PDF files that open in Adobe Reader.
Modern Church has been promoting the liberal tradition in the Church of England since 1898. This historical perspective and the diversity of our current membership are reflected in what we do now.
A long tradition
- Modern Believing, the quarterly journal first published in 1911
- Signs of the Times, a quarterly members' newsletter
- annual conferences featuring leading speakers in their fields
- Forewords booklets illustrating liberal approaches to theological topics
- letters, papers and articles in response to current events.
- opposing the Anglican Covenant with comprehensive online explanations of the background and full-page advertisements in the Church Times and Church of England Newspaper
- supporting women bishops for the Church of England
- at events like the Lambeth Conference and Greenbelt Festival.
- a Together in Hope series of short books exploring matters of faith and belief produced jointly with Progressive Christianity Network Britain, Free to Believe and St Marks Centre for Radical Christianity
- Making Sense books published by SPCK looking at aspects of Christian faith from a liberal perspective
- Leaflets reflecting Modern Church's approach and theology
- Audio and video recordings including Modern Church people talking about their understanding of Christianity and recent conference talks.
Looking to the future
We would like to do more. How to get involved