Modern Believing is the journal of Modern Church. It publishes articles in theology and related disciplines to promote theological liberalism.
Published quarterly by Liverpool University Press. Students in Universities, Colleges and Theological Institutions which subscribe to the EBSCO database, can access Modern Believing online.
Editor: Revd Dr Steven Shakespeare
Reviews Editor: Revd Dr Michael Brierley
Assistant Editor: Dr Katharine Sarah Moody
Vol 58:2 April 2017 - Guest Editor: Alison Milbank
William Shakespeare died on 3rd May 1616, and this centenary celebration prompted a Modern Church conference, ‘Performing the Faith: Shakespeare, the Theatre and Theology Today’ in July 2016, a flavour of which can be gained from the variety of articles in this volume.
- King Lear: Perception and the price of silence
- Ronnie Mulryne
- Mannerly devotion: Touches of grace in Romeo and Juliet
- Christian Coppa
- Speak Again: Life, love and language in King Lear
- Vittorio Montemaggi
- Staging theology: The Gospel according to Shakespeare
- Alycia Smith-Howard Timmis
- The Poetry Mass: Voices of the Spirit
- Anthony Woollard
- Sleep and imagination in A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Graham Ward