Modern Believing is Modern Church's journal, published quarterly by Liverpool University Press, with articles promoting theological liberalism.
Students in universities, colleges and theological institutions which subscribe to the EBSCO database, can access Modern Believing online. Subscription to the journal is included for Modern Church members.
- Editor: Revd Dr Steven Shakespeare
- Reviews Editor: Revd Dr Michael Brierley
- Assistant Editor: Dr Katharine Sarah Moody
Vol 58:4 October 2017 - Guest Editor: Susannah Cornwall
Special edition: Variant Sex and Gender, Law and the Churches
- Trans people and the Church of England: Disadvantage and microaggressions
- Rob Clucas
- A faith sector Equality Duty: How and why the Church could and should adopt the Public Sector Equality Duty to invigorate the rights of trans people in the UK
- Andrew Worthley
- Is law too sexy?
- Jonathan Herring
- ‘Like gender, organised religion is a complex matter’: The growing acceptance of transgender people in Protestant Christianity
- Duncan Dormor